Starting a Business is Easier Than You Might Think
You probably have been thinking about starting a business for a while but something is stopping you. It is probably the lack of confidence in your ability and knowledge to start a business. I started teaching Startup classes to make starting a business understandable and to help people avoid common mistakes that all business founders have made. These classes have been designed for you!
Why I Started Teaching Business Startup
I developed a relationship with the local Small Business Development Center while starting a nonprofit organization and helping others start businesses. About the same time Workforce Solutions was looking for someone to develop Entrepreneurial classes for their clients. English was the second language for most of them.
Most business founders that have the knowledge to start businesses are not good teachers and do not have the desire or time to teach Startup classes. So the Small Business Development Center approached me to develop and teach Entrepreneurial classes. I took the opportunity because I have a passion for Small Businesses and for teaching, Thus STARTUP POWER was born.
Develop Your Idea
Every business starts with a great idea for a product or service.
Define Your Customer Base
Successful businesses develop a strong and loyal customer base.
Develop a Business Plan
A very important and often neglected step of starting a business is developing a business plan.
- 001 What you need to know to start a business
- V001-What you need to know to start a business (7:34)
- 002 Why do you want to start a business
- V002-Why Do You Want to Start a Business (6:23)
- 003 Ten Must Do Conditions for Starting a Successful Business
- V003-Ten Must Do Conditions for Starting a Successful Business (22:16)
- 004 Traits of a Successful Startup Founder
- V004-Traits of a Successful Startup Founder (14:31)
- 005 Are You Ready to Start a Business
- V005-Are You Ready to Start a Business (4:58)
- 006 When Should You Start a Business
- V006-When Should You Start a Business (4:15)
- 007 Determine Your Firing Order
- V007-Determine Your Firing Order (9:57)
- 008 10 Steps to Start Your Business
- V008-10 Steps to Start Your Business (7:25)
- 009-Startup Pitfalls to Avoid
- V009-Startup Pitfalls to Avoid (15:39)
- 010 Developing Your Big Business Idea
- V010-Developing Your Big Idea (9:58)
- 011 Four Stages of a Startup
- V011-Four Stages of a Startup (11:23)
- 012a Two Startup Methods
- 012b Hypothesis Driven Worksheet
- 012c Startup Costs Worksheet
- 012d Financing Your Startup
- 012e How Funding Works
- V012a-Two Startup Methods (28:46)
- V012b-Financing Your Startup (25:06)
Chances of success increase with Startup Coaching or Mentoring. Startup Power also coaches business founders develop their business plans.
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific course.